FedBerry is a Fedora Remix specifically built for use with Raspberry Pi® 2/3 Model B computers.
FedBerry is an optimised Fedora remix which fully supports all RPi2/3 hardware. If you wish to contribute, please feel free to join us.
The FedBerry team would like to say a big thank you to all the Fedora developers that make this remix possible. We appeciate your dedication and hard work and are grateful that you make it freely available to all.
Minimal, XFCE and LXQt Remixes
The major differences between Fedora arm releases as compared to Fedbery releases are:
• The use of our own custom kernels (using the Raspberry Pi foundation's bcm2709 kernel port).
• The use of Raspberry Pi foundation's own bootloader (ie. we don't use uboot).
• The use of swap files in lieu of swap partitions.
• tmpfs is enabled but size limited to 100M.
• The root partition is automatically expanded on first boot.
• Various RPi specific applications / software are included by default.
• To facilitate optional headless booting, a default root password is set in the 'minimal' release.
Please refer to the README for further information on these releases.
This release is for ADVANCED users only, as it differs significantly from standard FedBerry releases. As the name suggests, it is a small stripped 'bare bones' remix with some optimizations specifically tailored towards RPi2/3 usage. Its main goals are to have:
• A small footprint
• Fast boot times
• Reduced number of writes to the SD card
So you are aware of its limitations, please ensure you read the RELEASE NOTES before using this release.